Saturday, December 6, 2008

holiday cheer

I woke up this morning and all I could think about was how it "feels" like the holidays. I love that. There is just something about this time of year that makes me happy and makes all other problems seem to go away when I think about getting to spend time with family and friends. I have been home a lot this past week because of medical issues, but yesterday I was finally ready for a few hours out of the house (other than work). So, I did a little Christmas shopping! Even though I only made it to one store which was about a mile from our house (baby steps), I got a few good gifts and some good ideas. I LOVE seeing all of the decorations in the stores and hearing Christmas music everywhere. It can get overwhelming when there are SO many people out and about, but I loved how friendly everyone was and how happy people seemed. I don't know if this can be attributed to some good ol' fashioned Christmas spirit or if they were just happy about the good deals they got...either way, I liked it. I could have just walked around outside forever. I love outdoor malls...especially during the holidays.

I talked to Adysen (one of our 4 yr. old nieces) on the phone yesterday and she answered by saying "Hi Auntie Deyna. Happy Christmas!" I haven't been able to see my family in quite a while now and I'm definitely excited for the holidays this year! I can't wait to spend some quality family time in Colville and Tigard and hopefully play in a little SNOW :) So, with 2 weeks left until we're off on our holiday break...I'm anxiously awaiting everything that December and the new year has to offer.

Oh yeah and I think I've watched every Christmas movie that the Hallmark Channel, Lifetime and the Family Channel has to offer. I love the oldies the best! The original Rudolph made out of clay and the first Babes in Toyland are my all time favs :)

No comments: