Thursday, June 26, 2008

4th of July Memories

Ry and I were just talking about what we were going to do for the 4th of July and I started thinking about all of the fun 4ths I've had over the years. Here are a few things I remember about past holidays:
-setting off fireworks in the back yard every year and watching them go off all around Colville from my parent's house
-watching my brother pull his little red wagon around the day after and picking up all of the pieces
-SPARKERS! my favorite. Tiffany and I doing gymnastics with them while the parents and grandparents applauded and "ooed and ahhhhd" from the deck :)
-watching the field catch on fire from a bottle rocket one year and everyone running frantically to put it out...haha. that was a good one guys
-racing around to catch all of the parachutes that came out of the bottle rockets, it was always a competition to see who could get the most
-bringing Ryan and my mother in law, Kathy, up to Colville for their first 4th in C-town and spending the weekend at the lake
-weekends at the cabin and spending the holiday there every few years. Sparkler bombs ringing in the mountains...haha, remember that TJ??
-spening my first 4th in Oregon last year and having a culdasac party with the neighbors in Tigard...so many little ones running around!
-Popits...those things that pop when you throw them on the ground - I love those!



Fun memories! Have a safe holiday everyone. Here are a few pics from our last 4th in Colville.



Cheese!

Oh the pretty fountains! We had to time this picture just right. haha

Notice Steve's shirt says "I need to be held"...nice Scuba Steve

I told ya I love those sparklers :)Probably not the safest of ideas :) but of course boys will be boys.

No comments: